Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pillowcase Dresses!

For this swap, we were to make a dress to donate and one for our partner, based on 3 of 10 suggestions our partner gave us. My partner asked me to donate both dresses and they were mailed off about a week ago.

My partner listed as preferences "a pocket, lace trim, purple, ric rack, ribbons, a dragonfly or butterfly, flowers, colorful and happy, ruffles, or homemade pillowcase." I tried to make pockets, but it didn't work out. I think I squeezed in enough of these though. :)

Here is the first dress. I made one for my niece using the matching pillowcase last year. I love the ruffle. (Click to make pictures big!)


And purple!


I think the dragonfly is so cool. The upper wings aren't stuck down.


Well, I hope that some little girls get a lot of use out of these. They were really easy and fun to make.