Sunday, May 2, 2010

Awkward is the new wonderful

The story goes like this. A girlfriend and I were at a Vermillion Lies show in Santa Cruz, sitting in the front row. Kim had her hair all twisted up with tiny white birds in it; that is important to the story. After singing "The Astronomer" and dancing around with a boa, Kim also had a bit of white boa fluff in her hair. Someone in the audience shouted, "You've got some milky way in your hair!" (refer to song if you do not understand the reference)

Kim brushed it away and huskily whispered into the mic, “Awk-warddd…”

Zoey replied, "You're hair is awkward." And I replied loudly to that, from the front row, "Her hair is WONDERFUL!"

And Zoey said, *drumroll* “Awkward is the new wonderful.” My friends and I have repeated it many, many times since.

Sorry for the blurry pic. Crappy camera. I took 6 and they all suck. That is a bee in the lower middle, which is a song reference.






I'm SO happy this picture came out! The background (with the black swirls) is a scrap of paper from the envelope which contained the ladies' solo cds.